28 January 2014

WHAT BUSINESS HAS LIGHT WITH DARKNESS? (56TH GRAMMY AWARDS MUSING)


Deitrick Haddon with Baby of Cash Money at the Grammy Award

Hmmm…. Hmmmm again!

Gospel Music! Gospel Music Ministers!!! Where do we draw the line?

Sometimes I wonder if supposed gospel music artistes understand that music is more than just having a sweet melodious voice, an awesome lyrics and a groovy beat produced by some super-dope magic maestro and having the nod of fans!

I have told whoever cared to listen to me that one single element that should distinguish gospel music from other genres of music is the ease by which it leads one to the throne room- the presence of the Father. But its like gospel music artistes are losing touch with their source of inspiration- they no longer perhaps hear sounds from heaven and in the name of mass appeal copy secular artistes, steal their beats, their style of songwriting and all that. You pick a supposed gospel music CD and you think you were listening to another Timaya or Vector in church! Gospel music gone secular? (Talk for another day!) Gospel music artistes teaming up with secular music artistes to do songs- are you kidding? (Talk for another day!)

What business has light with darkness for crying out loud?

On Sunday last week, music lovers were treated with the Grammy’s and I still wonder why we had to have gospel categories on the award list! Yes I said that!!! It doesn’t make any sense to me and I would tell you why.

Throughout the long hours the awards lasted we were forced to watch satanic arts on clear display! Talk about Beyonce and Jay-z’s raunchy opener to Kathy Perry’s (who denies her Christian roots) performance of “Dark Horse” that even E! online calls a celebration of witchcraft! And to Jay Z’s acceptance speech where he thanked God… a little for winning an award- I feel insulted myself!!!

Did anybody see the mass wedding of gays during Lewis and Macklemore’s performance of “Same Love” ? I mean there were a lot of anti-Christ stuffs happening live at the Grammy that any child of God seated there would literally puke or run up the stage to begin preaching a sermon. This was proved by Natalie Grant who left the Awards early as she couldn’t take no more. She posted on her Facebook page later- ”We left the Grammy’s early. I’ve many thoughts about the show tonight, most of which are probably better left inside my head. But I’ll say this:
I’ve never been more honored to sing about Jesus and for Jesus. And I’ve never been more sure of the path I’ve chosen.

But perhaps, the drive for recognition and accolades and perhaps a struggle to tell the world that gospel music still has her relevance blinded our eyes to see all of evil the Grammy unleashed on us.

While we say our congratulations to Tye Tribbett, Mandisa, Tasha Cobbs and other church folks nominated like Deitrick Haddon, I guess those handing us the award plagues need to be CONVICTED by the lyrics, albums, songs they are recognizing us for or else we are just making noise in the name of gospel- counting awards while the devil counts away souls.

You can crucify me now!

Culled from Gospotainment.com

No comments:

Post a Comment