20 January 2014

WHEN GODLY LADIES DRESS SEDUCTIVELY (A BROTHER’S PERSPECTIVE)



Why Do So Many ‘Born-Again, Spirit-Filled’ Women Show Off Cleavage in Church?

Is it ok to wear miniskirts to church? Should godly women wear dresses that reveal cleavage? It’s any dress too s*xy for godly women?

Well, I am a guy and I just have lots of questions running in my head anytime am in a worship center and I see my sisters dressed like they are strippers or maybe Nicki Minaj showed up in church!

Let’s get this straight, I am in church and I do not want to battle staring at the crucifix of Christ and have your legs staring back at me. I do not want to fight the urge to steal a quick look at your cleavage when I should be taking essential sermon notes!

Now in the streets, church and workplace, home front, and red carpet events how should Christian women dress? Do we have a dress code for Christian women – godly women that is?



I understand that we live in a fashion crazy world that still goes haywire by the day. Yes, godly ladies are also in a battle for their “lives”- trying to look modern, attractive, “s*xy”, fashionable and contemporary.

Truth be told, for me I would want my woman to be all of that- s*xy, classy, and flashy (in one word fashionable) but what should be the limit? When have cleavage showing, tight fitting dressing and blah blah blah become the yardstick for measuring the beauty and appeal of a woman? The world taught us that!

It’s kind of confusing, we should be the light of the world- the world should be learning kingdom values from us including kingdom dressing- and I am not talking of putting on inferior clothes or ridiculous styles highly publicized by some doctrines! But with contemporary women becoming models for our kingdom ladies we would always show up in church, workplace, and think some pop star was having a concert!

It is my guess that female preachers/first ladies, music ministers should be in the forefront as visible examples on what is fashionable hot and what’s not for church sisters. But am afraid this has not always being the case and I have a problem with that! Female ministers like Yolanda Adams, Erica Campbell and preacher’s wife Meagan Good have being taking backlashes for their wardrobe choice to some events – and their responses show clearly that the feel nothing is wrong with whatever it is they put on. And buttress the fact that they do not care what light they are being portrayed Gospel Music Minister Sherri Shepherd at the Stellar Awards on Saturday showed up on the red carpet with her cleavage open for the flashing paparazzi cameras!


I am screaming from the mountain top with my karaoke voice that this ain’t right!!! This is got to stop now.

I agree with Jennifer LeClaire who shares my feelings. She wrote: “Where do we draw the line? Is it OK for a Christian woman to let her breasts hang out because she doesn’t feel convicted by it? Is it OK to wear a dress that’s so tight it looks painted on? If God gave it to you, should you flaunt it for His glory? Should we ignore how our wardrobe may offend or tempt others? Don’t Christian mothers teach their daughters how to dress anymore? Or is this generation so rebellious that s*x-charged clothing is merely another sign of the times?”

I would end this piece by saying- the doctrine of grace and liberty should not be abused! There is a huge difference between freedom and free dumb!
Culled from Gospotainment.com


No comments:

Post a Comment