5 May 2015

MUSIC: MOZ - "OBI" (KING) | @SongsOfMoz


Obi is an igbo song born from a famous Igbo chant used in hailing a king but in this case Moz is hailing The King of kings (God).

In Moz's Words;

"One day, in a place of waiting on the Lord and worshipping, God drew my attention to this folk song
from the Igbo people "Obi Kererenke Obi". After singing the song for a while I decided to research the true meaning of the song. This is what I found:

The word Obi is used by Igbo people as a title of respect and homage to the king. Obi is normally the
centre building for receiving visitors in an Igbo leader's or man's homestead; and when used as a title of respect for the king, Obi implies: "the one who sits in the throne house or heart of the Kingdom."

I marvelled at God's sense of humour as this song was a chant people usually raise to keep physical activities such as jogging and marching lively. No attention was paid to the meaning of the song.

Immediately I ran into the studio and recorded the song the way I was singing it while worshipping."

DOWNLOAD

No comments:

Post a Comment