22 January 2015

IT TOOK ME 8GOOD YEARS BEFORE GOD SENT ME A MINISTRY HELPER - DABO WILLIAMS | @DaboWilliam @GospelAfriika

Displaying DSC_0134.JPG
Zion Music Recordz Boss “Dabo Williams” shares his experience of his beginning with us in an exclusive interview @ his recent Video shoot for His latest Song PAPA OH.

Not many could stand the test of time and its trial and even those who dare it probably backed down along the line. But different is the case of one of Nigeria’s fast rising gospel artiste DABO WILLIAMS who by now shouldn’t be a strange name to many household. The recording and performing artiste cum CEO of a record label ZION MUSIC RECORDZ has really carved a niche for himself in the mainstream of the Nigeria gospel music industry as we can see it. You doubting it? Then Google it!



HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN IN THE MUSIC INDUSTRY SIR?.

DW: Well to God’s mighty glory, have been in music generally for more than a decade now, but as for the gospel music it’s my 9th year.

WOW, QUITE A VERY LONG TIME YOU’VE BEEN HERE AND HOW HAS IT BEEN FOR YOU ALL THROUGH?

DW: Hmmm! It has really been an experience. The ups and down, the low and below, the plenty and none. In short it hasn’t been easy but thank God for grace and strength. Coz if not for God, I would have given up a very long time ago. I had no or little encouragement from people around me, so it wasn’t that easy or easy In any way for me. It was war and a serious one it was. But Thank God am still here.

HMMM! GOD BE PRAISED FOR YOUR LIFE. SO TELL US OR SHARE WITH US ALL THOSE THINGS YOU WENT THROUGH AND HOW YOU WERE ABLE TO OVERCOME THEM.

DW: Where do I start from! Coz they are much. Becoming a star is one thing, becoming a gospel music star for God is the main and major thing, coz it comes with a lot of battles and temptations.

I went through so many things in my life when I was really trying to come up especially when I decamp into the Gospel music industry. All the things I went through that I could remember I will list them below.

  • Is seeking first the kingdom of God and letting the other things follow. This is actually a very big and major temptation for anybody in Christ Jesus. Hmmm! How would a young guy like me let go of Gold and silver and wait on rewards. I needed money, clothes and other stuffs too and there are no other ways to get it than letting go of God’s Kingdom and follow the world. Which I actually did and it landed me in the Jail. To follow Christ is not as easy as the sermon being preached, to kill the flesh to for eternal things is not a mere play. But if one truly is serving God, then His will has to be done. So I had to let go and let God.

  • Family Background War: For every family there is always a background or foundational spiritual war that must be won before one can succeed in life. I fasted, prayed, and attended vigils and mountains seeking breakthroughs. Countless night vigils and fasting, before we were able to pull off those evil spiritual garments.

  • Lack of finance and support: Doing music require music and a lot of help or support, this I wasn’t getting and it was really hard for me to function well. I did so many things to support myself and never gave my dream up. Worked in local restaurant, did menial jobs and others just to sustain myself and career. I did what I could do with the little I have and hoping one day I will be able to do a lot when the money and support finally comes.

  • The industry was one and major part of it: our called big and readymade artistes wasn’t and aren’t helping at all. You go to tell and tell them your plight, though not all of them could actually help, but atleast a little commitment to encourage one won’t be a bad idea, but instead, some will discourage you and some are even ready to enslave you in other for you not to pursuit your own vision. I just stayed focus and endured my cross and keep on with the voice I have heard from God. Though it wasn’t easy but you just can’t but to steak with God’s plan.



HMMM! GOD HELP US ALL. WITH 10 LIVE CONCERTS, 2 AWARDS, 2 NOMINATIONS, A RECORD LABEL, AN ALBUM, 18 SINGLES, 2 VIDEOS AND OF RECENT YOU JUST SHOOT ANOTHER VIDEO AND YET YOU SAID IT TOOK YOU 8YEARS BEFORE GOD SENT YOU A SPONSOR OR A MINISTRY HELPER. SO TELL US, HOW WERE YOU ABLE TO ACHIEVE ALL THESE THINGS WITHOUT AN EXTERNAL HELP OR SOMETHING.

DW: Hmmm! It can only be God oo, all these achievement are though through and everything was just by God’s grace and doing. Talking about my concerts, I could remember back then when in school, I was to host a particular concert and I went to a fellow Christian own organization for help, hmmm! The responses wasn’t encouraging at all, I was treated like a strange dog that entered into a man’s compound. It hurt so much and I cried to God and we entered into a covenant “that whatever vision he is going to give me, he must make a provision, otherwise I won’t do it” He took me sometimes and this experience to know that whatever I need to do in the ministry as regarding any vision God has given me, there has been provision for it before it was given, all I need is faith and work to access it.

So I started working on faith and saving up the little that comes my way and I quit seeking for sponsors for my programs especially when it’s a worship project. Once I receive the vision and am convinced about it, I just go straight with the planning, I don’t want until one money comes in before I start something, “I have told several of my friends that money is not the number one thing if one must achieve something in life or a goal, first is a plan, a break down budget, and faith. Once all these are, you there, just with time someone somewhere will just call you to bless you and what next, is to fix the money on the project where it could handle. So this is how I have been living and working my thing until late last year when I was preparing for my album launching. I had done everything as usual, just waiting on God for the rest, doing my daily works and fixing things gradually, just one faithful morning I received a call from the United State from a lover of my music EBUBE DIKE, who actually called to share her testimony of how the song blessed her and the first ever seed I would receive over any of my song came in August 8 2014 and that was the beginning of the new phase of my ministry. Not even from a family or friend ever since 2007 I started my gospel music career has anyone called to bless me for just listening to my music.

GREAT AND MIGHTY GOD. SO WHATS YOUR ADVICE EVERYONE TO EVERYONE IN THIS SAME FIELD AND PROBABLY ABOUT TO GIVE UP COZ THINGS ARE NOT JUST ENCOURAGING.

DW: Well, what more can I say, I think my testimony should be a source of encouragement to anyone so ever in any field in life. Life is not a bed of rose, you have to stand up and fight for what you really believe in. poverty and wealth are choice, and nobody brought it into this world, we all came here and choose which we want for our self. I could have chosen to remain down as life has brought me down in point in time in my life, but I have seen the future and how bright and wonderful it will be if I endure and get there. So many things helped me in life as I am rising and almost getting to where I wanna be in life.

  • My faith in God.

  • My gratitude attitude for everything that comes my way.

  • I don’t give up easily

  • I look for opportunities and seize them.

  • I don’t see casting down when people see it.

  • I confess posivity everyday into my life.

  • I never let go of my dream and vision.

  • I work extra miles and late hours doing research on my field.

  • I denied myself of the pleasure of today for the sake of tomorrow’s glory.

  • I set goals and height for myself.

  • I don’t portray myself as someone who lacks and the world is about ending on.

  • I carry myself with high esteem

  • I keep things simple and try as much as possible to be humble.

  • I add branding and packaging to all I do.

  • Place high value on my services and product regardless what people will say.

  • I take the place of prayer and fasting serious when the time comes for it.

  • My faith level is seriously immeasurable, but yet I work towards the things am having faith on.

  • I don’t let what people say bring me down, yet I listen to advise, opinions and criticism and pick that which s best for me. 

Though there are more, but these are just the few I could share now.

HMM! WHAT A GREAT FEW TIPS THIS IS. WOW, DABO WILLIAMS THANKS SO MUCH FOR SHARING WITH US, I HOPE THOSE READING WOULD BE ENCOURAGED BY THIS.

THANKS FOR YOUR TIME.

Follow Dabo Williams on

Facebook: DABO WILLIAMS



Twitter: @dabowilliam

No comments:

Post a Comment